The workshop “Building your file and pitching your project”, scheduled from July 18 to 22 in Casablanca, is organized by Global Media Makers in partnership with the Tamayouz Foundation and led by U.S. film professionals. It’s dedicated to women with a feature-length fiction or documentary project in development.
The workshop promises to help contestants build a competitive case, hone their pitching skills, and prepare them to apply for national and international residencies, platforms, funds, and co-production markets.
Objectives of the workshop:
● Offer participants the opportunity to have the necessary tools during workshops, including the idea, the synopsis, the theme, the note of intent, and the biography
● To offer participants the opportunity to present, discuss their projects and receive feedback from professionals in the field.
● Provide Moroccan filmmakers with insight into American independent film development strategies and explore how these practices can be applied in their country
● To provide a platform for an open discussion on the challenges faced by scanners/directors in Morocco
To apply for the course, please submit:
a. Type: Short, Fiction, Doc, Series
b. Genre: Animation, Comedy Drama, Horror, Musical, Sci-F, Thriller, etc.
c. Idea (max 65 words)
Please provide a one or two-sentence description of your current project
d. Synopsis (500 words)
Please provide a brief summary of your project history
e. Theme (200 words)
What are the main themes or issues explored in your project?
f. Note of intent (500 words)
The note of intent must address the following points:
Please tell us about your creative vision and your intentions to carry out your project
Why is this story important to tell now?
Please tell us about yourself and how your experiences qualify you to tell this story.
How important is this opportunity for you as a filmmaker and for your project?
g. Biography (150 words)
Conditions of eligibility:
1. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application
2. Applicants must be residents of Morocco
3. The project must be the applicant’s original creation
4. It is preferable to submit your application in English, but the project does not need to be produced entirely in English
Applications written in Arabic or French will also be considered.
5. The candidate must commit to attending all sessions of the course
Writer-producer teams are encouraged
Application deadline: June 27, 2022
The results will be announced on July 4, 2022
The workshop is scheduled for July 18-22, 2022 in Casablanca