Some traditions are more than just meets the eye. It is true that Moroccan Tea is one tasty traditional beverage, however its popularity is also thanks to its health benefits.
As we all know, one of the main ingredients in a traditional Moroccan Tea is the mint, which happens to be an amazing homemade remedy mainly against a cold. Mint actually contains menthol, which is a compound that is known to help open up one’s sinuses, thus your breathing passages. Used to relieve congestion, head colds and headaches, this mint tea is said to relieve almost all the symptoms of colds and flu.
Aside from helping ease the effects of a cold, Moroccan Mint Tea has so many other virtues; and here are a few:
– Acts as a powerful antioxidant, protecting thus the body against the formation of cancerous cells.
– Relieves symptoms of indigestion, heartburn and irritable bowel syndrome by relaxing the muscles in and around the intestine
– Helps with nasal allergies.
– Relieves minor aches and pains such as muscle cramps and sprains.
– Can help clear up skin disorders such as acne.