You will need:
1.5 cup- Sugar
2 tbsp- Cream
A few strands of saffron (Kesar)
1 and ¼ Cup- Mango Pulp
2 tbsp- Pistachio
8- Kulfi moulds
8- Ice Cream Sticks
– Heat milk in a wide pan and bring to a boil.
– In a small bowl, keep aside 1-2 tbsp of the boiled milk and add the saffron strands to it.
– Now, reduce the larger quantity of milk on a medium flame, stirring it occasionally to prevent burning. The trick to perfect kulfi is stirring milk evenly.
– Add the soaked saffron to the reducing milk, stiring all the while and reduce to half. Add the sugar and cream, and cook it for another 1-2 minutes.
– After reducing the milk, let it cool down completely.
– After it cools down, add mango pulp and pistachios and pour into kulfi moulds.
– Set the moulds in the freezer for two hours. After two hours take them out, insert ice cream sticks into each of the kulfi moulds.
– Let it set for another four hours and serve.