(Serves 4) Preparation time: 45 minutes Cooking time: 35 minutes
– 1 whole cauliflower, without core and cut into florets (1.5 kilograms)
– 4 crushed garlic cloves
– 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat parsley
– 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 teaspoon ground paprika
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Fill a large saucepan with water and place on high heat. Add the florets of cauliflower and a teaspoon of salt in the pan, cover the lid and cook for about 20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender enough to crush. Drain the bouquets of cauliflower and place in a large bowl.
– Crush the cauliflower with a wooden spoon until you have a smooth mixture.
– In a large skillet on medium heat, heat the olive oil, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the crushed cauliflower and cook for another minute.
– Now add paprika, cumin, parsley, coriander, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly until the water evaporates.
– Serve hot or cold, with lemon juice and crispy bread!
NB: For an extra Moroccan flavor, you can add candied lemons to this recipe. Finely chop the pulp of a 1/4 lemon confit and add it to the cauliflower while cooking.